The Dalmatian coast is so called because it's formed by many many little islands and islets, which recalls the black spots on a Dalmatian dog.
The Karst region is a really and crumbly territory because characterized by limestone.
But how this beautiful cave was born?
As I said above, the limestone is very fragile and the wavy motion erodes the rock escaving half submerged caves.
Through the rock cracks, the sea water gets inside underneath the island, filling the cave up.
The entrance is really tiny, as it's half submerged, in fact to enter it we had to crouch on the boat, we weren't allowed to sit on the benches.
the sunlight reflected by the outer water is diffracted into the inner one, creating this beautiful effect!!
I obviously embraced that moment with all my senses: I stretched my hands overboard and the water was so warm; the silence was wrapping everyone up, even if it was full of tourists, for just few seconds in the darkness, I felt connected with Mother Nature.
No comments:
Post a Comment